I scream for your ice cream.
At the end of the Melbourne Cup on Tuesday, studies show:
- Between 90% to 100% of the horses will have bleeding lungs, with 56% having the blood pushed up through in their windpipe and in severe cases, out their nose (exercise induced pulmonary haemorrhaging)
- Approximately 86% will be suffering from stomach ulcers, due to not being given the opportunity to naturally graze and level out their hydrochloric acid secretion which is produced throughout the day in grazing animals. (Race horses are kept in stables up to 22hrs a day and only fed 2-3 times daily.)
- Most will end up being killed for dog food at a knackery (horse abattoir) when they are no longer financially viable
- The horses in the race would’ve been of the roughly 30% bred for the racing industry which “made it”. The remaining 70% would’ve already have been killed, simply because they couldn’t run fast enough or for sustaining an injury from being physiologically pushed too young and/or too hard.
18,000 horses are killed each year as the result of horse racing in Australia.
Please reconsider your support of this industry.
For more info such as citations and references - as well as further truths associated with the industry, check out:
Coalition for the Protection of Racehorses
PSA: horseriding isn’t vegan you fuckheads.
FUCK THE 2013 MELBOURNE CUP AND ALL RACING AND EXPLOITATION OF ANIMALS
R.I.P VEREMA :-(
Verema was put down after pulling up early in the 2013 Melbourne Cup race
Read more here
Goat Dairy is NOT the humane alternative to Cow Dairy! Slavery, child abduction, molestations, mutilations, exploitation, depletion and finally murder. What kind of food comes from that?? — Please think about it before you buy & consume animal products.
ALL BEINGS cherish safety, comfort, freedom, family and LIFE. We can enjoy healthy, satisfying and prosperous lives —- without harming others ~ kc
Respect others…LIVE VEGAN ~ The VEGAN Starter Kit:www.VeganKit.com
*Photos- Starting from top left: Goats in a rotary milking parlor, artificial insemination of a goat.
*Second Row: Baby goats that have been taken from their mothers & are being fed milk replacer so that their mothers milk can be sold for human consumption.
*Third Row: Castration of a goat commonly done without anesthesia -or a veterinarian, disbudding a baby goat with an electric disbudding iron also commonly done without anesthesia -or a veterinarian, baby goats at a livestock auction —”by-products” of the dairy industry.
Say NO to DAIRY *NOT YOUR MOTHER - NOT YOUR MILK*
GOATS Animal Rights: https://www.facebook.com/Karrel.ART/media_set?set=a.2526986429966.67929.1712581587&type=3
One thing is for sure though, this baby will be born with a badass combover. Hopefully have super powers as well.
Much love from Beau and Lights (and player 3).